What is the Galactic Age of the Universe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TallGuyInAnaheim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Time Universe
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 595 views
TallGuyInAnaheim
IMO, it is very anthropocentric to specify that the Universe is 13.7 Billions years old, i.e., using Earth's period of revolution around a minor sun as a baseline. There might exist a Galactic timeframe that would/could suggest that we actually live in a very "young" Universe. Just for fun, I calculated a Galactic age of approx. 67 "Galactic years", using the time for our sun to revolve around the Milky Way as a better measure of the time scales involved.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Uh Oh TallGuy, you seem to have run into trouble with your first post.

If you would like some help getting started at PF, feel free to send me a message. Just click on my name and start a conversation. I'll be glad to help. I'm thinking of help finding your way around or advice on how to follow the rules when posting.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo