What is the hidden meaning behind this Quantum Mechanics Tattoo?

In summary, a photographer in Chicago came across a young man with a Steam Punk group and his tattoo featuring various formulas and symbols. The photographer sought interpretations of the tattoo, but it was determined that the tattoo was simply a collection of random equations and not telling a specific story.
pdoyle@netins
I am a photographer and I ran across this young Gentleman in Chicago who was part of a Steam Punk group.

I recognized some of the formulas but they are far beyond me to make meaning of them in regards to this tattoo shown in this link

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=619860&fbid=1306777444637&id=1686581814&ref=nf

Im hoping that you may have some fun and give me your best interpetation of the saying that is across this gentlemans back.

I look forward to your theories and responses.

PS... He says he will eventually decipher it for us but he also wants to hear the feedback

Enjoy and take care all

Attachments

• Davinci Code Tattoo.jpg
    Davinci Code Tattoo.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 11,087
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know any latin, but "E Universes gens alpha" may mean 'out of all people, first' or 'out of whole world, one'. The second line seems to be in french, 'Les c est g occassis' which is.. 'the c is g birthdays'? Maybe the female sign is used in sentence along with male sign, and that lambda-looking but really masonic wishbone symbol with eye of god under it.. meaning, i donno, all seeing eye of god overseeing the cadence and lucky coincidence that is life. something biblical along the lines of female created under the eye of god from the male's rib, then there is a fusion of theoretical and silly physics and some real physics

its a lame tattoo

You forgot the pentagram. :-p

Evo said:

I lost interest right after I saw that dreaded Heisenberg's uncertainty

Oh how he pisses me off

cronxeh said:
I lost interest right after I saw that dreaded Heisenberg's uncertainty

Oh how he pisses me off
:smile:

Evo said:

Come to think of it, I think its a Venus pentagram, or some kind of a planetary alignment, perhaps when he was born or some other sillypants wafflery.

III planet is Earth, V planet is Jupiter, and IX planet is Pluto. Back when he was born, apparently, Pluto was a planet. Now if you are not lazy enough to lookup when Jupiter was on opposite side of Earth and on same side as Pluto. Suppose he was born between 1960's and 1990's. I am thinking 1987 or 1976.

Last edited:
Likes Peter02171976
LOL the equation for m=hc/G has the wrong units to be Planck mass! There should be a square root on the right side.

pdoyle@netins:
The first inequality on the left is a version of Heisenberg's uncertainty. The one on the right is often stated as being one of Heisenberg's uncertainty relations.

The equations to the left, right and below the V are supposed to be the Planck Mass, Energy and Time, respectively (I assume). As I said already the Planck Mass equation is not correct.

The equation below the omega on the bottom is the Schrodinger Equation.

Here's a hard core physics tattoo:
equation%20tattoos.jpg

So is that a random collection of formulas and symbols or is the tattoo actually telling a story / painting a picture?

Doc Al said:
equation%20tattoos.jpg

Is that you ? Doc Al:smile:

Doc Al said:
equation%20tattoos.jpg

Is that the Born-Oppenheimer Hamiltonian on the first line?

RonL said:
Is that you ? Doc Al:smile:
Next time I want to cheat, I'll just write it on my hand! D'oh!

Norman said:
Is that the Born-Oppenheimer Hamiltonian on the first line?
Yep.

Monique said:
So is that a random collection of formulas and symbols or is the tattoo actually telling a story / painting a picture?

As far as I know he thought this Tattoo up to tell some type of story. He's a young man with a terrific sense of flair and fun but as far as I know he isn't involved in a Scientific field.

I am just enjoying seeing some of these responses, I've been out of school so long many of these theroies and equations are just fuzzy memories.

Very cool, Doc. How long did that take?

Danger said:
I don't think that's Doc.

Evo said:
I don't think that's Doc.

Yea no kidding. Its the second result that comes up when you google for 'equation tattoo'.

But on a more serious note. I want this tattoo: http://spiritualdove.com/4abb0f00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger said:
I hope you don't think that's actually me! :-p

Doc Al said:

Yea that guy did look a little too skinny :smile: :-p

Oh oh. Ok. I must make this a public statement. Monday, 9/6 I am getting a tattoo on my right forearm. There, at least I am now forced to confront my higher brain. No more excuses :biggrin:

cronxeh said:
Yea that guy did look a little too skinny :smile: :-p
Hey now... I'll have you know that I have the body of a greek god. :cool:

Doc Al said:
Hey now... I'll have you know that I have the body of a greek god. :cool:

Silenus?

Doc Al said:

Sorry, Doc. I don't know what you really look like, and took your "yep" in a previous thread to be confirmation that it was you. :redface:

I prefer washable tattoos. LOL

jwxie said:
I prefer washable tattoos. LOL

All tattoos are washable!

lisab said:
:-p

lisab said:

to be more specific... sticker. LOL I can get it by printing!
The other way... lol no thanks.

cronxeh said:
Silenus?

HA! Better Silenus than Hephaestus... :devil:

pdoyle@netins said:
I recognized some of the formulas but they are far beyond me to make meaning of them in regards to this tattoo shown in this link

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=619860&fbid=1306777444637&id=1686581814&ref=nf

Im hoping that you may have some fun and give me your best interpetation of the saying that is across this gentlemans back.
There is no meaning or interpretation to be derived from it, far as I can tell - it's just a grab bag of formulae. There's the Uncertainty Relations (below the sex symbols), then some Planck units around the big "V" (the expression for Planck mass is missing a square or square root, and each h is missing a bar), and finally the Schrodinger Eqn down low.

1. What is the hidden meaning behind a Quantum Mechanics tattoo?

The hidden meaning behind a Quantum Mechanics tattoo can vary depending on the individual who has it. However, it is often associated with concepts such as uncertainty, interconnectedness, and the idea that everything in the universe is made up of subatomic particles.

2. Is it related to the famous Schrödinger's cat thought experiment?

Yes, a Quantum Mechanics tattoo can be related to Schrödinger's cat as it is a well-known concept in the field of quantum mechanics. The thought experiment explores the idea of superposition, where something can exist in multiple states at once.

3. Are there specific symbols or images commonly used in Quantum Mechanics tattoos?

Yes, there are several symbols and images commonly used in Quantum Mechanics tattoos. These can include the double-slit experiment, the wave-particle duality concept, and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

4. What message do people with Quantum Mechanics tattoos want to convey?

People with Quantum Mechanics tattoos often want to convey a deeper understanding and appreciation for the complex and mysterious nature of the universe. They may also want to showcase their interest and passion for science and its principles.

5. Are there any cultural or spiritual meanings associated with Quantum Mechanics tattoos?

Quantum Mechanics tattoos do not have specific cultural or spiritual meanings associated with them. However, some may interpret the concepts and symbols in a more philosophical or spiritual way, connecting it to ideas of interconnectedness and the nature of reality.