What is the incredible power of the human mind?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ElectroPhysics
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 5K views
honestrosewater said:
aequeos alinocalcalinoceraceoa luminosocu preovitriolic

okay, can anyone figure this one out? (that space isn't supposed to be there but won't go away)

It is a chemical of some sort...

aqueous saline calci -somethin alumin-something-vitriolic?

can't figure it all out exactly, but that's at least in part because i wouldn't recognize the name of the chemical normally, so...

aqueous -somthing - luminous - something - vitriolic?

Will keep sturggling...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
But, according to the first article, you can put the letters in any order, as long as you keep the first and last in the right place. So, would you get it if the word was displayed this way: AAAABDEEHIIIIILMNNNRSSSSTTTM?

I think it relies on people not completely scrambling the letters entirely randomly, but in somewhat less random, more predictable clusters.

My point exactly. Let's test this. Below is the same word several times. Scan each line once, and tell me which you can and can't read.

Ibceeehiiiilmnnoprsts.

Irimbnchesinoeipliets

Icehmnoprbeieiiilnsts

Icmnoeehprbiilnseiits

Icnoemprehnsbiilieits

Icnmopehrensbiiilteis

Icnpmohersneibitileis

Inocpmerehsnbilitieis

answer in white: incomprehensibilities[/color]
 
Last edited:
LOLOL! the above post was edited at 402am, reason? Spelling!

I could read the 5th one, 6th and 8th.
 
tribdog said:
LOLOL! the above post was edited at 402am, reason? Spelling!

:smile:

I could read the 5th one, 6th and 8th.

Hmm...there might be something to this. Those were the same ones I got. Well, it was hard to tell on 6 and 7, because I knew the word by 5, so it was harder to ignore that.
 
franznietzsche said:
oops forgot an e. And yeah Indo-european was it, just decided to leave out the hyphen for sake of difficulty.


qiruamge or hetawpcelkatrd ?
quagmire - easy... hetawpcelkatrd is just too long...

edit: I can't believe we're accually trying to figure this out! coughgeekscough
 
Hewlett-Packard. I think the words have to be quite familiar to be readable (the computer I'm using now is that brand).
 
Gonzolo said:
Hewlett-Packard. I think the words have to be quite familiar to be readable (the computer I'm using now is that brand).

Hence why smurf got quagmire so easily.

Yeah that was intentional.Sorry, couldn't resist.


thonemyamdric or hyddnomyaric?
 
franznietzsche said:
thonemyamdric or hyddnomyaric?

that's my hammer, dick
and
how's your mom dude?
 
franznietzsche said:
Hence why smurf got quagmire so easily.

Yeah that was intentional.Sorry, couldn't resist.


thonemyamdric or hyddnomyaric?

I swear something's going on, I always get the first one instantaneously but the second one is a stumper.
I'll color them so others can enjoy
Thermodynamic
 
tribdog said:
that's my hammer, dick
and
how's your mom dude?


I know how I sleep at night, but how do you manage it?
 
good for you, it takes me a brick and a pillow.