What is the Power Spectrum of a Markov Chain?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter seang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chain Markov chain
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
seang
Messages
184
Reaction score
0
I'm reading the wikipedia article on them and I can't really get an understanding of what they are.

I'm writing a paper for psychology, and I keep coming across articles that say 'learning can be modeled with markov chains'

what does that mean?
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
sequence of state probability matrices...mathworld.com is your friend.
 
A Markov chain is a sequence of random variables where the distribution of a given state depends on the immediately preceding state, but not on what happened before then.
 
hi there
I'm trying to find the power spectrum of a markov chain which is the Fourier transform of it's autocorrelation. I'm having trouble with this if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.
thanks