What is the relation between F theory and M theory?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    M theory Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
37 replies · 9K views
Originally posted by MajinVegeta
Mentat, assume the universe is unbalanced=disorderly. If it is unbalanced, then it could be both at onece. That's what makes it disorderly.

Are you saying that, if it is disorderly, then it can be orderly?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I assume that by "two time dimensions" they mean two timelike dimensions, in the sense that the radial dimension of a black hole is timelike (it forces you to move forward, never backward.) I doubt it's much of anything to worry about and more than likely has nothing to do with entropy.
 
Originally posted by Mentat
Are you saying that, if it is disorderly, then it can be orderly?

No, not orderly as in completely orderly. What I mean is 'portions' could be orderly, and others wouldn't be orderly. And that's what makes it disorderly, disproportional. BUT, don't take what I'm saying as factual; I'm speculating at the top of my head.
 
Originally posted by MajinVegeta
No, not orderly as in completely orderly. What I mean is 'portions' could be orderly, and others wouldn't be orderly. And that's what makes it disorderly, disproportional. BUT, don't take what I'm saying as factual; I'm speculating at the top of my head.

Majin, whether it's altogether disorderly or orderderly is not really important. What I'm saying is that if it is getting more disorderly then it is getting less and less orderly, isn't that right?
 
Originally posted by MajinVegeta
Precisely!

Then the idea of entropy's "increasing in more than one direction" is nonsensical, is it not?
 
Originally posted by MajinVegeta
I guess.

Alas, there are quite a few people who hold to the idea of two time dimensions, and so there may be some good reasoning behind it. Don't just take my reasoning, learn as much as you can about them (if your interested) and make your own conclusion.