What is the Role of Physics in Effective Leadership?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kcren
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 513 views
kcren
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
How did you find PF?
Google news link
Hello everyone. Quickly introducing myself.

I'm a physics BS who got lured into the high tech industry at WordPerfect Corp, loved programming, worked on Space Shuttle and GPS, then went into business, finally renounced programming and became a full-time management consultant.

Now I solve the most intractable problems in the universe: human beings; how to motivate them intrinsically; how to stabilize and scale companies BY empowering their people instead of firing them; how to eliminate bad management methods, dysfunctional cultures, and ineffective leadership systems; how to boost productivity without extra work.

Those may be most difficult problems in the universe—and the ones most worth solving. I especially love working with organizations that employ technical people.

But I never lost my intense love of physics.

<< Mentor Note -- rest of Intro post deleted >>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
kcren said:
Now I solve the most intractable problems in the universe: human beings; how to motivate them intrinsically; how to stabilize and scale companies BY empowering their people instead of firing them; how to eliminate bad management methods, dysfunctional cultures, and ineffective leadership systems; how to boost productivity without extra work.

I thought the objective these days was to crush people under the wheels of the corporate juggernaut. And to empower them to do what they're told.