What is the thread designation for HBM force transducer G and G1 holes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mech King
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Thread
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Mech King
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Afternoon everyone,

I am slightly confused...

Basically, i will be purchasing a force transducer from a company called HBM.

Now, on their data sheet it shows that there are two tapped holes either end of the transducer, designated by G and G1.

I am using a 125kN transducer, and for G and G1 it gives the following (also see attached screen shot and zoom into the bottom table):

G:M33x2−4H 35.6 deep.

G1:M33x2−4H 35.6 deep.

Now i understand what each number and letter is supposed to denote, but the pitch value of 2mm seems so small. If you notice on the table, all thread pitches are 2mm - even for the M16 to M72 threads that are listed in the table?

Obviously for a course pitch the the pitch for an M33 is 3.5mm, but the fine pitch series doesn't mention anything?

I don't want to purchase the load cell if it will be an impossiible task to get the thread on the attachments - that will screw into the M33 holes.

I also know that the HBM are originally a German company, so maybe they use an odd designation.

I have contacted the UK tech support team and they don't know.

Can anyone please help me?

Have a great weekend,

mech King


Genrally we tend to use ISO Metric Course threas in my industry
 
Attachments
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Machinery's lists all of those as being part of the M profile as per ASME B1.13M. I can't say that I am familiar with them because I don't use metric threads very often. I don't even have the spec on hand to look at.