What is the typical daily increase of members at PF?

  • Thread starter Thread starter arildno
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
10,165
Reaction score
138
Out of curiosity, what is the typical daily increase of members at PF?
(Sends Greg&Warren off on an exhausting search..)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks; sorry I exhausted you.
I owe you a beer.
 
Daniel do you LOSE weight by sitting in front of a computer all day?
That's weird..
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
After hours of searching... jk

We average about 40-50 new members a day.
average, I wonder whether the growth is linear..
 
I think what is also important to note is that Greg periodically deletes inactive accounts which keeps the member numbers more realistic than some forums that list every registration ever made.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
After hours of searching... jk

We average about 40-50 new members a day.

IIRC a couple of summers back we had a unofficial pool about when we would hit 2000 members. I think then we were doing more like 7 or 8 a day! This place is really growing up.
 
Are the numbers of active members increasing as well, or has the site hit somewhat of an equilibrium of new users coming in and other users becoming inactive?