What is the volume of the parallelepiped with adjacent edges PQ, PR, and PS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahhppull
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Volume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
ahhppull
Messages
59
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the volume of the parallelepiped with adjacent edged PQ, PR, and PS.
P (-2,1,0)
Q (2,3,2)
R (1,4,-1)
S (3,6,1)

Homework Equations



Volume = PQ . (PR x PS)

The Attempt at a Solution



I first found the vectors PQ, PR and PS. Then I did the cross product of PR x PS and then did the dot product of PQ (dot) PR x PS. I got an answer of 6, but the answers in the back of the book says 16. Did I do it wrong? or is the book wrong?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Nevermind, I found out what I did wrong. I calculated on of the vectors wrong.