KOUSIK
- 6
- 0
I know that energy has quantity but what it means that energy has quality also??
what it meant by quality of energy?
what it meant by quality of energy?
I'm afraid you need to supply more context here. If you can provide any references which talk about 'quality of energy', that would be helpful.KOUSIK said:I know that energy has quantity but what it means that energy has quality also??
what it meant by quality of energy?
Reference: Thermodynamics:An Engineering Approach by Yunus A.Cengel and BolesSteamKing said:I'm afraid you need to supply more context here. If you can provide any references which talk about 'quality of energy', that would be helpful.
KOUSIK said:Reference: Thermodynamics:An Engineering Approach by Yunus A.Cengel and Boles
I read about it in second law of thermodynamics chapter
"The use of second law is not limited to identifying the direction of processes. The second law also asserts that energy has quality as well has quantity. The first law is concerned with quantity of energy and transformations of energy from one form to another form with no regard of its quality.Preserving the quality of energy is a major concern to enineers, and the second law provides the necessary means to determine the quality as well as the degree of degradation of energy during a process. More of high temperature energy can be converted to work, and thus it has a higher quality than the same amount of energy at a lower temperature."