What made 1970 a memorable year in music?

  • Thread starter Thread starter harpazo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Definition
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 3K views
Twigg said:
Mine's just a play on my initials. "Twig" is often taken, so I just threw in an extra "g" and it stuck
I am also a fan of adding an extra "g" when my typical username is taken.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Twigg
Physics news on Phys.org
harpazo said:
Username stories are interesting. Do you agree?
No.
 
  • Sad
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: weirdoguy and jack action
Ygggdrasil said:
I am also a fan of adding an extra "g" when my typical username is taken.
"Pinball" is a 1974 song by Brian Protheroe, I added 1970 because that was my favourite year of the series the rock and roll years.

Deep Purple were on TOTPs along with Free, Lindisfarne and some other great acts.

I think that was first time I had seen DP Mk2 on TV

A sad year too, the Beatles split and Hendrix and Janis Joplin died.

Bittersweet.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and PeroK