What Major Labs Are Driving Houston's Science and Technology Innovation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Line
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Labs
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Line
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
You probrbaly know that Texas is a hotspot for Science and Technology.

I happen to be in Houston. While there's really no such thing as a Science company we do have labs. WHile there are a lot in The Medical center doing research in the biomedical fields I want to know are there any major labs in Houston.

Big ones like government or corporate labs with hundreds of employees. I know we've got NASA but I don't know if there are any really big laboratory areas down there.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I work at Area 52 120 miles south of Houston as secretary. They experiment with chemical engineering. It seems quite alien to me sometimes.
 
Exxon and Shell have research labs in Houston. I lived near the Shell facility, about 30 years ago, and I spent time at the Exxon facility 30+ years ago when I was in Explorer Scouts.

There are places like Houston Advanced Research Center - http://www.harc.edu/harc/Content/About/ShowStatic.aspx/8

Universities like U of H and Rice have research facilities.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mk said:
I work at Area 52 120 miles south of Houston as secretary. They experiment with chemical engineering. It seems quite alien to me sometimes.

Are 52, ist that what they really call it? I've neer heard of it.