What Make of Car Does This Hubcap Belong To?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Integral
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Nuts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
66
Can anyone ID this hubcap. What make of car is this?

http://home.comcast.net/~integral50/Hubcaps/HPIM0495a.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am certain that it is American, 100% American.
 
Well, he's right!

http://www.cg-netcom.de/appdata/gallery/www.chromehouse.de/cms/oldsmobile_ninety_eight_reifen/scaled.jpg

Looks very communist to me though...

Great job janus!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That didn't take long! Thanks Janus! Did you just recogize them or do you have super search skilz?
 
Integral said:
That didn't take long! Thanks Janus! Did you just recogize them or do you have super search skilz?

As much as I'd like to claim a remarkable memory for hubcaps. (A skill of dubious practical value), I found it here:

http://www.hubcaps.org/olds1.html
 
I was on that site the other night, looking for this.

Who would EVER look at the very first one on the page :rolleyes:


Edit:
Oh yeah, Cyrus, I can see what you mean with communist connection. The Star!
 
Good job, Janus. I would have guessed that it was something handed out by Pacific 66 in lieu of drinking glasses when you filled 'er up with ethyl...