What Quotes Capture the Legacy of the Atomic Bomb?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
edo1493
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
"Told science"

Hi guys!
I am going to take part in a literature project, which is called "told science". You have to write a scientific eassy such as a story. For this year I was wondering to write down something about the atomic bomb. My idea was to write the best quotation on atomic bomb in chronological order. I am looking for some good quotes about manhattan project and other stuff, but I haven't been able to find something worth.
Do you know any resources about it?

I know that Oppheneimer said many things about the project and during the project..
 
Physics news on Phys.org


edo1493 said:
I know that Oppheneimer said many things about the project and during the project..

Yes, he was infamous for talking sometimes.

Try this one: "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." Seems... profound.
 


I don't remember exactly the names of the book i read, but there are many of them. It should not be hard to find.
Other than Oppenheimer, Feynman is another person whose story about his involvement really fascinate me. He wrote about it and how he felt at the time in one of his book. I think the one i read is 'the pleasure of finding things out'.
Also, maybe look up the famous letter from Einstein.