What Should Be Discussed in a Report on Core Collapse of Massive Stars?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter tonysilva
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Collapse Core Stars
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
tonysilva
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello everydody.

Well i need to write a repor (5 pages maximum) about Core Collapse of Massive Stars to my discipline Stellar Structure and Evolution .
The problem is that i have read some books like https://www.amazon.com/dp/0387580131/?tag=pfamazon01-20 and i have no ideias.
I gained acess to SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) to find some papers about this theme and nothing relevant appears.

Please send me some topics to discuss on the report.

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hi there,
By massive stars I assume you're referring to hyper-giants?
If so I could post down a link instead of me going through the whole process for I may miss some important information.
Here you may find this handy:
http://outreach.atnf.csiro.au/education/senior/cosmicengine/stars_types.html#startypesupergiants"
But as you have mentioned that you need to gather about five pages of information,this may do a little.

Regards,
ibysaiyan
 
Last edited by a moderator:
By massive stars I assume you're referring to hyper-giants?

Upper 6-10 Solar masses. When the star have sufficient mass to reach the iron production. And finish in a supernova.

Chronos said:
Plenty of paper at arxiv on this topic.

The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) encompass arvix papers.

I find some papers. Click http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3185044/noname"

But i only want some topics to discuss like neutrino criation and effects

Regards,

Tony Silva
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There are many papers on arxiv that do not appear in the ADS database.
 
Well,

I think that reading Kippenhan and Bohm-Vitense you should have had some idea! Everything you need is there.