What Spanish Object Found in a University is Hidden in rpfoearso?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Soaring Crane
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 20K views
Soaring Crane
Messages
461
Reaction score
0
I have been staring at this word for a bit, and I can't seem to unscramble it as of yet. It is in Spanish and is supposed to be an object that one can find in a university.

rpfoearso

I am not sure if it is in the plural form. I think I have not been able to unscramble it as quickly since there are no i's in the word.

Any help is appreciated, and, hopefully, this is the correct forum to post such a question.

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I've moved this to General Discussion where it's more likely to get answered.
 
I don't speak spanish but profesaro leaps out, which i assume is professor.
 
Kurdt said:
I don't speak spanish but profesaro leaps out, which i assume is professor.
Damn, that's impressive Kurdt!
 
Evo said:
Damn, that's impressive Kurdt!

All those evenings as a student watching Countdown :wink:
 
Kurdt said:
I don't speak spanish but profesaro leaps out, which i assume is professor.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is (I've not learned spanish for about 10 years, but I think professor is "profesor")
 
cristo said:
Unfortunately, I don't think it is (I've not learned spanish for about 10 years, but I think professor is "profesor")

Aww damn. Well was worth a stab.
 
However, my guess is that "profesora" is a female professor.
 
Yeah profesora is teacher according to freetranslation.com
 
cristo said:
I'm not sure.. 123 hits could imply typos. Profesora has over 10 million hits! Anyway, I'm sure there are some spanish speakers about.
It might not be the only version of professor, but seems to be in use. Spanish has many dialects. Could be the person that made the word scramble doesn't know how to spell either. :biggrin:

You're right, Profesora seems to be popular, that might be it. Geeze, I've been away from Texas for too long.
 
Last edited:
Looks like we got it then. Good spot Kurdt.. I'm useless at countdown!
 
Thanks. It is la profesora. I feel so foolish at not getting it immediately! T-T One of my first thoughts was that it was el "profesor," which is the masculine form, but I discarded that idea rather quickly since it did not match the number of letters that was given.
 
Amazing, and you guys didn't get help from a spanish speaker.
Yes profesora is a female teacher.