What sparked my love for physics and science?

• Thread starter kcajrenreb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Intro
In summary: Hehe, yeah I'm pretty sure he'd have been all for it! In fact, I'm pretty sure he's in the sisterhood :biggrin:.In summary, Kcajrenreb introduces himself and states that he is entering eighth grade and has always been curious about what makes things happen. He learned about atoms and physics and decided to learn more about it. Kcajrenreb enjoys his physics education based off of khan academy and numerous books. Kcajrenreb has a good understanding of algebra but lacks understanding in more complex math areas. Kcajrenreb is excited for this year as he will be covering physics, astronomy, and chemistry in science.
kcajrenreb
Well, I've been on these forums for some time, and I've posted over thirty times, so I figure now is a good time to introduce myself.

I'm going into eighth grade, (yeah, I know, I'm one of the youngest on the forums) and I've always had a massive curiosity about what makes things happen, and what everything is made of. When I learned what an atom was, the first thing I asked is "What's THAT made of?". When I learned that physics is the science to satisfy my curiosity for nature, I decided to learn more about it, and so far I've enjoyed it. My physics education so far is based off of khan academy, and an enermous stable of books that my grandfather gave me, (he was an engineer) and many more books which I've bought. Some are more complicated than another. As far as math goes, I've got a good understanding of algebra, but lack some understanding in the more complex areas of it. I've also got an equal understanding of geometry. I'm very excited for this year, as we will be covering physics, astronomy, and chemistry in science, and I'm sure I'll learn many new things here too!

Also, you may have noticed that I haven't and won't used a single emote here at the forums. I prefer to come across as emotionless.

Glad to be here!

-kcajrenreb

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Kcaj, welcome to PF :smile: (oops, I hope you don't mind if I use a smiley)! I hope you enjoy the forums.

Thanks. And don't worry, I don't mind if other people use emotes. I understand the temptations. I just consider it cheating a way to get emotions across without actually typing anything. *resists adding in smiley*.

Hmm, are you the evil twin of tiny-tim?? :biggrin:

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll love it here!

Now, do you happen to have a favorite fish??

Welcome, Jack, I'm Jack.

Hey Jack. And responding to the micromass question, I guess I like salmon the most. But that's tastewise. Otherwise, I guess I like goldfish. Is there a reason you wanted to know that?

Oh yeah, and Jack, please call me Kcaj.

kcajrenreb said:
Hey Jack. And responding to the micromass question, I guess I like salmon the most. But that's tastewise. Otherwise, I guess I like goldfish. Is there a reason you wanted to know that?

*slaps kcajrenreb with a huge goldfish*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Also check out this hilarious video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kcaj, welcome to the forum!

micromass said:
*slaps kcajrenreb with a huge goldfish*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Also check out this hilarious video:

Micromass, my anger of you rickrolling me AND slapping me with a goldfish cannot be expressed through words. So, I will express it through emotes.

:frown::grumpy::mad::mad::devil::grumpy::mad::mad::mad::yuck:

Allright. That's my share of emotes for the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
kcajrenreb said:
Micromass, my anger of you rickrolling me AND slapping me with a goldfish cannot be expressed through words. So, I will express it through emotes.

:frown::grumpy::mad::mad::devil::grumpy::mad::mad::mad::yuck:

Allright. That's my share of emotes for the year.

Aaaahahahaha...now that felt great, didn't it :biggrin:?

Don't be mad at micromass for slapping you, it's our ritual greeting hazing of new members...you have now been properly welcomed!

You can be totally mad at her for the rickrolling, though :tongue2:...gotta watch where you click!

So have all of you been slapped by your favorite fish? Well, I had to listen to "Tubthumping" at least 600 hundred times before I recovered from the emotional trauma of having a gold fisish hit me.

kcajrenreb said:
So have all of you been slapped by your favorite fish? Well, I had to listen to "Tubthumping" at least 600 hundred times before I recovered from the emotional trauma of having a gold fisish hit me.

Yeah, we all had to go through it :biggrin:

Here, watch this lovely nirvana video to recover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ZAXYyxd08

kcajrenreb said:

Yes in fact, I was fish-slapped. But it was so long ago, I don't remember the exact species...I do remember it was a small oily fish.

You called micro a her? He doesn't look like a her. :tongue2:

Evo said:
You called micro a her? He doesn't look like a her. :tongue2:

Whaaa? Seriously? ...micro, I thought you were in the sisterhood...?

And to think I almost gave you the keys to the women's locker room...:eek:

I'm sorry, micro :redface:!

lisab said:
Whaaa? Seriously? ...micro, I thought you were in the sisterhood...?

And to think I almost gave you the keys to the women's locker room...:eek:

I'm sorry, micro :redface:!
I don't think micro would've minded getting the keys! :wink:

micromass said:
Yeah, we all had to go through it :biggrin:

Here, watch this lovely nirvana video to recover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1ZAXYyxd08

Okay, now that I'm devoid of all emotions, that successful rickroll is going completely unnoticed. Nice try, micromass, but don't mess with the Kcajrenreb

Does that hurt your eyes? Good. That's the point. It hurts mine too, actually. I guess the joke's on me.

kcajrenreb said:
Okay, now that I'm devoid of all emotions, that successful rickroll is going completely unnoticed. Nice try, micromass, but don't mess with the Kcajrenreb

Does that hurt your eyes? Good. That's the point. It hurts mine too, actually. I guess the joke's on me.

I have a feeling you're going to fit in nicely here...

I don't understand. In fact, I don't even think that's a good thing! Naw, just kidding, I'm sure you're all great.

kcajrenreb said:
before I recovered from the emotional trauma of having a gold fisish hit me.

Better than having a gold fisishist hit you. :yuck:

Not quite. At least a gold fisishist is less spiky. Ouch.

1. What inspired you to pursue a career in physics and science?

My love for physics and science was sparked by my natural curiosity and passion for understanding how the world works. I was always fascinated by the laws and principles governing our universe, and I wanted to dive deeper and uncover the mysteries behind them.

2. Was there a specific event or experience that ignited your interest in physics and science?

As a child, I remember being captivated by science experiments and documentaries. I was also fortunate to have inspiring teachers who made science come alive in the classroom. One particular event that stands out is attending a science fair where I got to see different experiments and interact with scientists, which solidified my passion for the subject.

3. Did you have any role models or mentors that influenced your love for physics and science?

Yes, I was fortunate to have a few role models in my life who were scientists and shared their passion for the subject with me. They encouraged me to pursue my interests and provided guidance and support throughout my academic journey.

4. What keeps your love for physics and science alive after all these years?

The ever-evolving nature of science and the constant discoveries and advancements being made in the field keep my love for physics and science alive. It's a subject that challenges me to think critically and creatively, and there's always something new to learn and explore.

5. How has your love for physics and science impacted your life?

My love for physics and science has had a profound impact on my life. It has shaped my career path, opened up opportunities for me, and allowed me to see the world in a different light. It has also taught me valuable skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and scientific inquiry, which I apply to various aspects of my life.