What the graviton is and how we are searching for it

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Rulez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Graviton
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Rulez
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
So, I have to write a report into what the graviton is and how we are searching for it.

However after reading around a fair bit,I really don't know what to do.I know what it is but I don't know how we are looking for it/theories relating to it.

So what I am asking is if anyone can help me with:

1.What it is e.g what type of particle etc.

2.How we are looking for it.Will we ever find it etc.

Needs to be about 1500-2000 words.Perhaps could write about fundamental particles for a bit.

Also,Would it be easier to do this about the higgs boson instead of the Graviton?
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Definitely the Higgs boson would be an easier topic, in the sense that you will find much more readily available information on it. Either that or WIMPS (dark matter). There is basically no hope of finding the graviton in its traditional form, and no one contemplates looking for it.