1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to brush up on before taking Vector Analysis

1. May 20, 2009 #1
    I forgot to add this in my other thread.

I'm taking Diff. Eq. and Vector Analysis this fall. I've already started brushing up on DE-related stuff. What should I review for Vector Analysis? Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2009 #2
    There's not much you can do to prepare for it besides trying to master single variable and (especially) multi variable calculus. Otherwise you could pick up a book on vector analysis and try to get started reviewing the material explicitly. There is a book called "div, grad, and curl" which talks about some primary topics and seems to get a lot of good reviews.

Vector calculus is a difficult subject to learn because people usually take it before becoming very mature in their math or science coursework. I would say expect to spend a lot more time on this course than on the DE course.

4. May 21, 2009 #3
    I see. Of course, I've taken the prerequisites, Cal I-III and Linear Algebra.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook