1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to brush up on? Modern Physics I and Vector Analysis

1. Nov 11, 2009 #1
    I'm taking these next semester. I'm taking Differential Equations right now, so I'll have that under my belt.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2009 #2
    Anyone? lol.

4. Dec 7, 2009 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I assume 1301 and 1302 are a standard calculus-based intro (classical) physics sequence. For modern physics, I'd suggest reviewing energy and momentum concepts. If you covered the -1/r potential energy function for electrostatics and/or gravity, you'll probably need that when you get to the hydrogen atom. And when you get to Schrödinger's equation, you'll be using basic wave functions like [itex]\cos (kx - \omega t)[/itex]. And complex numbers.

5. Dec 7, 2009 #4
    Actually, the cal-based courses are 1321 and 1322, University Physics I and II, which I took. Phys 1301 and 1302 are the algebra-based courses, General Physics I and II.

I'll jump on those chapters once this semester is over. Thanks for the info.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook