1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to call a document that describes positive work attitude?

1. Mar 27, 2013 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm updating my CV and while browsing my documents I noticed a flattering official statement by two PIs that I worked for. I'd like to list it, but what is such a document called or what would be the best description?

To get an idea of what it is, the second paragraphs states: "In general, we have been really impressed by your technical skills and knowledge on genetics and molecular biology. You are motivated, learn new techniques and procedures quickly, and carefully carry out your experiments. You also have a very pleasant personality. It is indeed a great pleasure to have you study in our laboratories". Signed by two associate professors on official paper.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2013 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Hey Monique.

This sounds like a letter of recommendation or a written reference (depending on the nature of your application).

Within CV/applications, typically the references included are phone/email references, but there is also the possibility of having written references from past employers as well.

4. Mar 27, 2013 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe "performance evaluation" or "performance assessment"?

5. Mar 27, 2013 #4

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"Testimonial"? (Sounds a bit old fashioned though).

6. Mar 28, 2013 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, yeah I think testimonial would be the best description. The document was written up spontaneously after I had given a journal club, I found it on my desk one morning. Performance evaluation or letter of recommendation wouldn't quite fit the bill. I'll check the thesaurus for words that might replace "testimonial" :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook