What topics are covered in Physics by Cutnell & Johnson?

• Intro Physics
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, "Physics by Cutnell & Johnson" covers a wide range of topics in classical and modern physics, making it suitable for beginners. It also includes practice problems and exercises, as well as real-world examples to help students understand the concepts. The textbook is regularly updated with the latest scientific discoveries and advancements.

For those who have used this book

• Strongly Recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lightly Recommend

• Lightly don't Recommend

• Strongly don't Recommend

• Total voters
Physics news on Phys.org
does anyone have any comments on this book? I checked this book out from my univ. library today. I am wondering if you guys have any thought over it?

It's a nice book for physics majors. I personally read it in grade 9 and it was quite nice. I suggest at least Algebra 2 knowledge before getting started with it.

1. What topics are covered in "Physics by Cutnell & Johnson"?

The textbook covers a wide range of topics in classical physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, waves and sound, electricity and magnetism, and optics. It also includes modern physics topics such as relativity and quantum mechanics.

2. Is "Physics by Cutnell & Johnson" suitable for beginners?

Yes, the textbook is designed for introductory physics courses and assumes no prior knowledge of the subject. It presents concepts in a clear and accessible manner, making it suitable for beginners.

3. Are there practice problems and exercises in "Physics by Cutnell & Johnson"?

Yes, the textbook includes a variety of practice problems and exercises at the end of each chapter. These are designed to help students reinforce their understanding of the material and prepare for exams.

4. Does "Physics by Cutnell & Johnson" use real-world examples to explain concepts?

Yes, the textbook includes numerous real-world examples, applications, and case studies to help students understand how physics concepts are applied in the real world. This makes the material more relatable and engaging for students.

5. Is "Physics by Cutnell & Johnson" updated with the latest scientific discoveries and advancements?

Yes, the textbook is regularly updated to include the latest scientific discoveries and advancements in the field of physics. This ensures that students have access to the most current and relevant information.