What was Daniel Ellsberg's impact on American history?

  • Topic: History 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
22,712
Reaction score
7,804
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and hutchphd
Physics news on Phys.org
I fall into the “he betrayed his oath” camp.
 
I fall into the "Robert McNamara: evil genius or just plain evil ?" camp.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
I fall into the Pentagon betrayed the public camp.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, PeroK, Mondayman and 1 other person
Frabjous said:
he betrayed his oath
hutchphd said:
Robert McNamar... just plain evil
Both can be true.

I was astonished that he was still alive.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Frabjous, russ_watters and BillTre
Sorry, because there are political views on this subject, we need to close this thread. It's important history that we need to learn from, but as soon as replies diverge into partisan politics, we need to close threads here at PF.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jedishrfu and Bystander