What was McCain's comment on JFK and the intervention .. tragedy?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter nuby
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
McCain was referencing the assassination of Kennedy. Now that was in November of 1963, so one has to wonder if Goldwater and Kennedy were already planning debates before either were nominated by their nominating conventions that were not held until the following summer. I have my doubts.

But if that was the only misrepresentation the Republicans had proffered during the election it would have been a remarkable election indeed.
 
I've never heard the JFK assassination called an intervention before. I'm not big conspiracy guy, but when I heard McCain say 'intervention' and watched his body language following the comment... conspiracy theory was my first thought.
 
McCain's slip might be innocent. he makes a lot of them and even has trouble keeping his tongue in his mouth these days.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
nuby said:
I've never heard the JFK assassination called an intervention before. I'm not big conspiracy guy, but when I heard McCain say 'intervention' and watched his body language following the comment... conspiracy theory was my first thought.

I only saw it as events that intervened and prevented JFK from following up on this alleged agreement. It was hardly any nod to a conspiracy that I could see.
 
russ_watters said:
I see no reason to think that it was anything more than a misspeak.

i agree but how do you mispeak "intervention" from "assassination"??
 
Since the thread is going off topic, OT posts deleted and thread closed.