What was that PBS show with the guy in a body suit teaching about organs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FrancisZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 6K views
FrancisZ
I am so happy right now, because I just remembered something that I literally haven't thought of in about 24 years...


"Eureka!" the TV show that used to be on Channel 13 PBS (WNET in New York anyway).

I looked it up and there it is on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-7kkAu2Pg


God I used to love that crazy song. And then it got me to wondering about a bunch of other shows I used to watch on PBS (this was pretty much before I went to school, and also early grammar school).


There was 321 Contact...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-LEBc2sO8


I'm a sucker for cheesy songs, I know.


Anyway...I have a question for you. And it's hard.


There once was this other show which I cannot recall the name of; though it was one of my favorites at that time.


Essentially, there was this guy on PBS dressed in a body suit, literally painted with organs all over it. And he would spend each episode tell viewers about the various organ systems. This was exactly where I had first learned about vertebrae, I'll never forget it. The guy had a man-fro of some sort to, as I recall (kind of a hippie show).



Thing of it is though: I just can't remember the name of it. Any ideas?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm just getting blank panels for your examples.
Couldn't help you anyhow, though; I never got cable until 4 years ago.

edit: Never mind; the links are up now.
 
Danger said:
I'm just getting blank panels for your examples.
Couldn't help you anyhow, though; I never got cable until 4 years ago.

edit: Never mind; the links are up now.

PBS isn't cable. I didn't get cable until just before 9/11 myself, either.
 
I'm in Canada. PBS is available only on cable up here. :frown:
 
FrancisZ said:
There once was this other show which I cannot recall the name of; though it was one of my favorites at that time.


Essentially, there was this guy on PBS dressed in a body suit, literally painted with organs all over it. And he would spend each episode tell viewers about the various organ systems. This was exactly where I had first learned about vertebrae, I'll never forget it. The guy had a man-fro of some sort to, as I recall (kind of a hippie show).



Thing of it is though: I just can't remember the name of it. Any ideas?

Do you remember approximately what year it was on. I do recall seeing something like that but didn't have any luck finding it. I would think there is a list of old pbs programs somewhere.

I always like "In the News".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qAM6YU3N1g
 
FrancisZ said:

Essentially, there was this guy on PBS dressed in a body suit, literally painted with organs all over it. And he would spend each episode tell viewers about the various organ systems. This was exactly where I had first learned about vertebrae, I'll never forget it. The guy had a man-fro of some sort to, as I recall (kind of a hippie show).



Thing of it is though: I just can't remember the name of it. Any ideas?
Slim Goodbody (I am the google queen).

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_tvshows/1920-mr-slim-goodbody/
 
Ivan Seeking said:
What words did you enter for the search?

Just curious
tv show body organs suit
 
Julius Sumner Miller is the reason I'm in physics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcZyW-6-5o

I remember Slim Goodbody... but his white-guy fro was scary, while Julius' do somehow made the cut. Maybe being dressed in real clothes helped Julius out too.