What would be the implications of a pseudoscientific 5th fundamental force?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackhole
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 3K views
blackhole
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
heyyy, im writing a sci fi parapsychology related story and it has a bunch of pseudoscience, including a real psi force. to make my story more accurate and to have more ideas I'm curious about the implications of such a force for the rest of science in my fictional world assuming that the force is the main alteration from the real world. essentially, what happens to particle physics, quantum physics, relativity, classical physics, consciousness etc with there being humans who can control a psychic force with their mind and influence reality ? it implies a higher power and non-computational consciousness, correct? so I could incorporate that into the fictional world? I need to come up with a mechanism for all of it too

thank you if anyone helps me w this !!!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

There's not a lot of restrictions here. When you rewrite the laws of physics you can say they are anything you want. If you are looking for consistency though, between your new law and the rest of existing physics, you are unlikely to reliably find it.
 
blackhole said:
heyyy, im writing a sci fi parapsychology related story and it has a bunch of pseudoscience, including a real psi force. to make my story more accurate and to have more ideas I'm curious about the implications of such a force for the rest of science in my fictional world assuming that the force is the main alteration from the real world. essentially, what happens to particle physics, quantum physics, relativity, classical physics, consciousness etc with there being humans who can control a psychic force with their mind and influence reality ? it implies a higher power and non-computational consciousness, correct? so I could incorporate that into the fictional world? I need to come up with a mechanism for all of it too

thank you if anyone helps me w this !!!
Here's a thread of speculation about something like this. http://hi.gher.space/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2340 Any further discussion would be better to take place over there instead of here, I think.