Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What would cause a person to stop dreaming or not remeber dreams?

1. Mar 11, 2008 #1
    what would cause a person to stop dreaming or not remeber dreams? I haven't dreampt or remebered any dreams for years now.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 11, 2008 #2

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Melatonin can help take some Midnite supplements and you might even have some lucid dreams.

4. Mar 11, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Everyone dreams, but some people sleep so heavily that they don't remember their dreams. The dreams that are most likely to be remembered are those when you are in light sleep and about to wake. Other times when you are abruptly awakened from deep REM sleep. I tend to sleep very lightly, waking up frequently, therefor I have long lists of dreams every night or the ability to continue a single dream if I prefer.

5. Mar 11, 2008 #4

Danger

Gold Member

As well you should, with that cute little doggie lying in wait at the foot of your bed. :tongue2:
    Of course, those who never experienced Franzbear will have no idea what that's about. :devil:

6. Mar 11, 2008 #5
    I'm the same way...er sorta. I can tell I have some crazy thoughts and crazy dreams while I'm sleeping, but the moment I wake up they're instantly gone and there's nothing that can bring them back (maybe a slight case of deja vu?) I consider it lucky if I have a dream I can clearly remember.

7. Mar 12, 2008 #6
    Restricting your sleep will stop you from remembering dreams. Most of the dreams you remember are the ones just before you wake up.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?