What's the Best Free Antivirus for My PC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mk
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 4K views
Mk
Messages
2,040
Reaction score
4
My antivirus is going to go out of subscription tomorrow for my PC. What free stuff should I get?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I've been using the home version of Avast (free) for a couple of years, lots of features, not a resource hog and been working well.
 
Good, cause I already got Avast, my friends recommended it to me. Thank you.
 
I'm also going to recommend Avast. I used that after PC as well.
 
AVG free is great, it's what I recommend to almost everyone.

Another option - If you download http://pack.google.com" , you get a free 6 month subscription to Norton Antivirus 2005. Though I'm not a firm believer in Norton's capabilities, if you are looking for a familiar name brand for youself or someone you know, it's an easy way to give piece of mind.
 
Last edited by a moderator: