1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's the best physics branch to start with

Tags:
  1. Mar 22, 2016 #1
    I want to study all physics branches but i want to start with a branch that could help me with all other branches and in the same time the easiest . These are the branches:
    -optical physics
    -electromagnetism
    -condensed matter physics
    -high energy physics
    -nuclear physics
    -thermodynamics
    -Astrophysics
    -Relativity
    -Classical mechanics
    -Partical Physics
    -Quantum Mechanics
    -Theorical Physics

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2016 #2

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Without question, Mechanics. I believe most intro physics first courses start in that area anyway (vectors, motion equations, statics, dynamics, energy and work concepts, etc. ). The other branches you mentioned are much more advanced.

4. Mar 22, 2016 #3
    Yeh i thinked luke that but wich one do you mean classical mecanics ? Or quantum mechanics ?

5. Mar 22, 2016 #4

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Oh gosh classical mechanics! Quantum mechanics is extremely difficult. You'd be lost before finishing page 1.

6. Mar 22, 2016 #5
    I studied physics in french language but i want to get my degree in usa so i like to get grade 9-10-11-12 physics and math curriculum in usa . Any books that can i buy for each grade ?? Name of books plz

7. Mar 22, 2016 #6

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

For physics, I think Halliday and Resnick , "Fundamentals of Physics" is good, it covers many of the topics you listed including classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves, optics, relativity. In US, high school Physics are often grade 11 and 12 courses.

8. Mar 22, 2016 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This was incorrectly started in "Member introductions ONLY - NO QUESTIONS", so I have moved it.

9. Mar 22, 2016 #8
    Sorry i didnt know well the rules what should i know now

10. Mar 23, 2016 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted