Where and what is the ADS dictionary

• Thread starter jarod765
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker has heard many talks referencing Witten's "standard dictionary" of ADS/CFT, which is a way to easily go between a CFT and a theory of gravity. They are looking for the paper that contains this dictionary and three possible options are mentioned, with the first being the standard review for Maldacena's AdS/CFT. However, the speaker finds the other three options easier to read. They also mention having a compact edition of OED sitting on top of an ADS loudspeaker, but it is noted that the full dictionary is still not known.
jarod765
I have heard many talks where they mention Witten's "standard dictionary" of ADS/CFT. Where the dictionary is, to my understanding, a way to easily go between a CFT and a theory of gravity. What I want to know is where is the paper that has this dictionary?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Atyy

I have compact edition of OED sitting on top of an ADS loudspeaker. Does this count?

PAllen said:
I have compact edition of OED sitting on top of an ADS loudspeaker. Does this count?

Yes, that's as good as we have at the moment. The full dictionary is still not known.

1. Where can I find the ADS dictionary?

The ADS dictionary can be found on the ADS website, which is a free online resource for scientific literature in the fields of astronomy and physics.

2. What is the purpose of the ADS dictionary?

The purpose of the ADS dictionary is to provide a comprehensive collection of definitions and explanations of scientific terms and concepts related to astronomy and physics.

3. How is the ADS dictionary organized?

The ADS dictionary is organized alphabetically, with terms listed in alphabetical order and their corresponding definitions and explanations listed under each term.

4. Can anyone contribute to the ADS dictionary?

No, the ADS dictionary is curated and maintained by a team of experts in the fields of astronomy and physics to ensure accuracy and reliability of the information provided.

5. Is the ADS dictionary available in multiple languages?

Currently, the ADS dictionary is only available in English. However, the website does offer a translation tool for non-English speakers to access the content in their preferred language.