Where Can I Find a Plasma Electricity Toy Like the One Seen on Modern Marvels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xyzmc2
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
xyzmc2
I'm new to this forum, and hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I was watching the Modern Marvels episode recently entitled "Deep Freeze". A guy named Steve Spangler was a guest on the show to demonstrate some of the effects of liquid nitrogen. Anyway, it shows Steve in his lab, and behind him, he has some sort of plasma electricity toy. Does anyone know where I can find one of those? I have looked everywhere and am not having any luck, and am just wondering if anyone owns or has seen one somewhere?

http://videos.wittysparks.com/id/2189167677" , you can see it in the background at about 1:12. Thanks in advance if you can help.

P.S. it is the electricity toy that is turned on and functioning.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a giant one for $700

http://store.phantomdynamics.com/plglmupltu4x.html

I googled "plasma tube" and got some promising results.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It was a variation of a globe, yes, but distinctly more "tube-like".
 
Archosaur said:
It was a variation of a globe, yes, but distinctly more "tube-like".
I see. Hopefully they have small, much less than $700 ones.