Where can I find discussions about ball lightning and post anecdotal accounts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Michelle Spalding
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 508 views
Michelle Spalding
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Hello, I'm a new member. Found my way here trying to learn more about ball lightning or where I might find discussions and/or post anecdotal accounts. My mother's best friend experienced what I believe was ball lightning in her home yesterday. She has never heard of ball lightning and cannot understand what she witnessed. She didn't get photos of the object because it only lasted a few seconds, but took photos of some odd marks on the outside of the living room window where the object entered her house.

I'm hoping to find a forum where this sort of thing is discussed in a way that is neither dismissive or overrun with woo/metaphysical content. Any help or a point in the right direction is very much appreciated.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Janosh89 and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

We don't ask or answer questions in the New Member Intro forum. I would try https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/other-physics-topics.111/ for your questions about ball lightning.

Also, use the PF search facility to look for previous threads on that topic.
https://www.physicsforums.com/search/30558/?q=ball+lightning&o=relevance
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Janosh89