Where Can I Find Free, Self-Study Resources for Physics and Organic Chemistry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter efekwulsemmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Books Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
efekwulsemmay
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
I am attempting to get back into the academic world of physics. I have my associates degree and cannot continue taking classes with financial aid through my local community college. It won't be until the fall semester until I can attend a university so for now I would like to learn on my own.

I know up to calculus II (I dropped near the end of the semester so I don't know all of calc II) and will be continuing to review and expand that knowledge concurrently. I just need to be pointed in the right direction with concern to good physics books. Also I would like to get a jump start on organic chemistry so beginner book options in that area would be appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Go here:

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/ocw-scholar/

That page has calculus and physics classes especially designed for self-study. Look around the rest of the OCW site for a ton of classes in all fields. Some are more useful than others, but many have complete lectures on video, class notes, homework and tests with answers, etc. It's just an amazing resource, and if you put in the work, you can give yourself an MIT education. All for free.