Where Can I Find the Penrose Lecture Link Mentioned in the Forum?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Sparky_
Messages
227
Reaction score
5
Greetings,

In one of these threads, somebody commenting on the original thread provided a link to a Penrose lecture.

I now cannot find which thread it was in.

I'm also not sure - it was either in Genral Relativity or Cosmology threads.

Does this ring a bell with anybody.

What I'm looking for is the web address that has this lecture.

I recall clicking on the web link and it started with what looked like a dry erase board full of notes.


Thanks
-Sparky_
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sparky_ said:
Greetings,

In one of these threads, somebody commenting on the original thread provided a link to a Penrose lecture.

I now cannot find which thread it was in.

I'm also not sure - it was either in Genral Relativity or Cosmology threads.

Ive several times recommended a lecture he gave November 2005 at Cambridge, which is online

http://www.Newton.cam.ac.uk/webseminars/pg+ws/2005/gmr/gmrw04/1107/penrose/

it does look like a "white board" with handrawn diagrams with colored marker

if you click and wait a few seconds he will begin talking and the slides will change in synch with his talk
(this is a good format)

they are actually Penrose transparencies, I saw him give the same talk in Berkeley in 2006 with the same transparencies (even though they look like drawn on a whiteboard.

maybe this is what you were remembering, Sparky. I learned of the Cambridge online version from Alejandro Rivero.
 
Last edited:
Marcus - This is the one I was looking for!

Thanks so much

Also thank you - Turbo -1 , George Jones!

You have given me more to look at and study. - good stuff.

Thanks again