Where Can I Learn About Atomic Orbitals and the Pauli Exclusion Principle?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Neohaven
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
I have searched some books I have on Quantum Physics, and so on, but I still haven't found any useable material to learn about the Pauli exclusion pinciple, atomic orbitals, why the Periodic Table exists, or things like that, in an informal way.

Thanks,

Neohaven
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Just take a mid-level class in Inorganic Chemistry.
 
This link might help you out: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/quacon.html#quacon (Especially the "Atomic Structure" and "Atomic Properties" sections)

As far as books on Quantum Physics, I have one called "University Physics with Modern Physics" by Hugh D. Young and Roger A. Freedman and it seems to go into the things you described (I don't know how much detail you want it to go into).

I imagine any Quantum Physics book should in theory go into those things.