Where Can I Learn About Male-Female Reproductive Behavior in Different Species?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kent davidge
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
kent davidge
Messages
931
Reaction score
56
Does anyone know of a website where I can read about male and female behaviour in different species? (This can include human beings). Specifically, I'm interested into learning how male approach to female for reproduction is done by different species.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
The female praying mantis may bite eat the male's head.
This releases mating behavior that is sometimes inhibited by neural signals from the male's former head.
 
A book called Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation: The Definitive Guide to the Evolutionary Biology of Sex by Olivia Judson approaches this subject from a popular science perspective, giving various examples of all the weird (to humans at least) ways in which other species approach sex and mating.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara and BillTre