Where Can I Post Speculative Personal Theories?

• Thread starter CaptainBob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theories
In summary, the conversation discusses where one can post a personal hypothesis for feedback from qualified individuals. It is mentioned that the Independent Research forum on PhysicsForums is a good place for this, but the criteria for posting in that forum may not be met. The conversation also highlights the challenges of getting feedback from qualified individuals online, as they typically give feedback to other professionals in a formal setting. The conversation concludes that the best way to contribute a personal theory is to get a formal education in a scientific discipline.
CaptainBob
As per the subject. Where on the net can I post a personal hypothesis for feedback from people who are qualified to comment?

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not meet the requirements for your independent research forum. My question above is where "on the net", not where on PhysicsForums ;)

Then this isn't a "Feedback" forum question, since you're asking about the 'net, not on PhysicsForums. I'm moving this to GD.

Zz.

CaptainBob said:
As per the subject. Where on the net can I post a personal hypothesis for feedback from people who are qualified to comment?
Nowhere that I'm aware of.

The problem is that qualified people don't go online for the purpose of giving feedback to amateur personal hypotheses. They give feedback to other professionals, by going to professional science conferences, and taking part in the journal peer-review process.

The way to contribute your own theory is to get an education in a scientific discipline, and go to graduate school where a professional (your thesis advisor) can show you first-hand how research gets done.

There are so many people pushing theories and hypotheses on the web that nobody qualified wants to spend time explaining to 99% of these people why they are wrong. If you are in that special 1% group, then you are qualified to, and should, go through the formal science education process.

Execellent reply Redbelly. Spot on.

CaptainBob said:
There are many here at PF qualified to comment whatever personal theory you have.

However, your personal theory isn't qualified to be commented. :smile:

You're "poop" out of luck, but thanks for being honest.

1. Where can I post speculative personal theories about science?

There are various online platforms where you can share your speculative personal theories about science, such as forums, social media groups, and personal blogs. Some popular options include Reddit's r/science subreddit, Quora, and Medium.

2. Is it safe to post my speculative personal theories on the internet?

It is important to be cautious when sharing personal theories on the internet, as they may be met with criticism or even ridicule. It is recommended to thoroughly research and back up your theories with evidence before posting them publicly.

3. Can I post speculative personal theories on scientific journals or publications?

Scientific journals and publications typically only accept theories that have been thoroughly researched and tested, and are supported by evidence. It may be more suitable to share your speculative theories on online platforms or personal blogs.

4. Are there any guidelines for posting speculative personal theories?

While there are no specific guidelines for posting personal theories, it is important to follow basic internet etiquette and be respectful of others' opinions. It is also recommended to clearly state that your theories are speculative and not scientifically proven.

5. Can I collaborate with other scientists on my speculative personal theories?

Collaboration with other scientists can be beneficial in refining and strengthening your theories. You can reach out to other researchers through online forums or social media groups to discuss and exchange ideas.