Where Can I Post Speculative Personal Theories?

• Thread starter CaptainBob
  • Start date
CaptainBob

Main Question or Discussion Point

As per the subject. Where on the net can I post a personal hypothesis for feedback from people who are qualified to comment?

Answers and Replies

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Last edited by a moderator:
CaptainBob
I do not meet the requirements for your independent research forum. My question above is where "on the net", not where on PhysicsForums ;)

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Then this isn't a "Feedback" forum question, since you're asking about the 'net, not on PhysicsForums. I'm moving this to GD.

Zz.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
As per the subject. Where on the net can I post a personal hypothesis for feedback from people who are qualified to comment?
Nowhere that I'm aware of.

The problem is that qualified people don't go online for the purpose of giving feedback to amateur personal hypotheses. They give feedback to other professionals, by going to professional science conferences, and taking part in the journal peer-review process.

The way to contribute your own theory is to get an education in a scientific discipline, and go to graduate school where a professional (your thesis advisor) can show you first-hand how research gets done.

There are so many people pushing theories and hypotheses on the web that nobody qualified wants to spend time explaining to 99% of these people why they are wrong. If you are in that special 1% group, then you are qualified to, and should, go through the formal science education process.

Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Execellent reply Redbelly. Spot on.

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
There are many here at PF qualified to comment whatever personal theory you have.

However, your personal theory isn't qualified to be commented. :smile:

You're "poop" out of luck, but thanks for being honest.