When can I post or comment a non peer-reviewed article

• Thread starter USeptim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    article
In summary, the conversation was about the flux of momentum in the electromagnetic field and the role of the Maxwell stress tensor in this concept. The speaker also mentioned that they wrote an article about it and was looking for a place to discuss it. They were informed about a closed independent research forum and asked for other options, such as a scientific journal or conference.
USeptim
Hi,

I have been some time searching information about the flux of momentum in the electromagnetic field. With the help of some members of this forum, I learned that the Maxwell stress tensor was very related with this flux since its divergence plays the same role in the continuity equation for momentum than the divergence of Poynting vector plays in the Poynting theorem, however, I concluded the stress was not the flux itself and therefore I redacted a brief article about it.

My question is: can anybody tell me where I could discuss it? I read that there was an independent research forum in this website but it was closed at 2011…
Sergio

Physics news on Phys.org
USeptim said:
I read that there was an independent research forum in this website but it was closed at 2011…
Yes, it was not useful at all.
USeptim said:
My question is: can anybody tell me where I could discuss it?
In a scientific journal, at a conference, via email and so on.

See also this recent thread.

Likes USeptim
Thanks mfb, I will try the two first options.Sergio

Related to When can I post or comment a non peer-reviewed article

1. When is it acceptable to post or comment a non peer-reviewed article?

It is generally not recommended to post or comment a non peer-reviewed article in a scientific setting. Peer-reviewed articles have undergone a rigorous evaluation process by experts in the field, ensuring their credibility and accuracy. Non peer-reviewed articles may not have the same level of scrutiny and may contain misleading or incorrect information.

2. Can I share a non peer-reviewed article on social media?

Yes, you can share a non peer-reviewed article on social media. However, it is important to note that social media platforms are not considered reliable sources of scientific information. It is best to verify the information from a peer-reviewed source before sharing it.

3. Are there any exceptions to posting or commenting non peer-reviewed articles?

In some cases, non peer-reviewed articles may be acceptable to share, such as in a discussion about ongoing research or as a preliminary study. However, it is still important to critically evaluate the information and consider the source before sharing.

4. How can I determine if an article is peer-reviewed or not?

One way to determine if an article is peer-reviewed is to look for the journal's website and check their submission and review process. You can also search for the article on reputable databases such as PubMed or Google Scholar, which often include information on whether the article is peer-reviewed.

5. Can I use non peer-reviewed articles as references in my research?

It is not recommended to use non peer-reviewed articles as references in your research. The lack of peer review means that the information may not be reliable or accurate. It is best to use peer-reviewed articles as they have undergone a thorough evaluation process and are considered more credible sources of information.