Where does the secretion of enzyme helicase take place?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter PainterGuy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
PainterGuy
Messages
938
Reaction score
73
Hi,

I was watching the following video which described how DNA replication takes place. It discusses helicase, polymerase, primase, etc. Where do these enzyme come from? I mean what body part secretes them. I think that every cell utilizes these enzymes. I don't think that these enzymes keep floating around in each cell all the time. They must be released at a set time by something. I don't know much about biology but just curious. Thanks for the help!

 
Biology news on Phys.org
They are made in the cytosol of every cell and transported into the nucleus.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and PainterGuy