Where to find atomic and nuclear radius of iron

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter vcc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Atomic Iron Radius
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 11K views
vcc
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Does anybody here know where to find the atomic radius of elements in the periodic table? What about the nucleonic radius? I'm currently trying to find the radius of Iron for some sort of calculation that I'm doing.

Thanks
-Vince
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It's tabulated in a comprehensive book on general chemistry.There are tables of elements which give,among other physical & chemical properties,the atomic radius,too.

For the nucleic radius,use the approximate formula

[tex]R(A)=R_{0}\sqrt[3]{A}[/tex] ,where R_{0}=1.2 fermi.

Daniel.
 
vcc said:
Does anybody here know where to find the atomic radius of elements in the periodic table? What about the nucleonic radius? I'm currently trying to find the radius of Iron for some sort of calculation that I'm doing.

Thanks
-Vince

webelements.com

(you sound familiar)
 
Gokul43201 said:
webelements.com

(you sound familiar)
Thanks for the help people. I'm trying to devise a theory about relative time. I'm wondering if anybody might want to help.

As for you knowing me, I wouldn't be entirely sure. Unfortunately, for me, your alias doesn't really ring a bell. I apologize for not remembering you :P