Where to find MP3s of Feynman's physics lectures

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
14 replies · 33K views
Nimrod
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hi all,

I've been busy collecting the mp3's of the original tapes of Feynman lectures on physics during the 1960's. So far - using mainly Kazaa and dc++ - I've found nearly all the lectures of Volume 1 and 3. The lectures of Volume 2 are quite hard to find.
Does anyone here know a database I can access, or is one of you willing to share them through some kind of medium? (for instance ftp or something like that?)

thanks a lot
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure if http://www.vega.org.uk/series/lectures/feynman/index.html will add to your collection, but it's worth a viewing. That link was posted in the quantum physics forum I believe, but I don't recall which thread.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Descartes
Not sure if http://www.vega.org.uk/series/lectures/feynman/index.html will add to your collection, but it's worth a viewing. That link was posted in the quantum physics forum I believe, but I don't recall which thread.
OMG, that is so cool are there any sites where lectures (of any science) can be found?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Monique
OMG, that is so cool are there any sites where lectures (of any science) can be found?
Never mind, I was browsing the site given by Descartes, turns out there are quite a bit of lectures on there.. better than watching some hollywood movie, isn't it?

But any other sites?
 
Originally posted by Monique
But that would cost $9.98 a month, am I right?
That's correct. Beats the $10 per hour it'd cost to buy them on cassette anyway.

- Warren
 
The free-trial link is not working (there IS a refund policy, but I am lazy) could you scetch a global picture of what is available on easynews.com?
 
Originally posted by Monique
could you scetch a global picture of what is available on easynews.com?
Everything. I'm not kidding. I don't use Kazaa, DC++, or any of that other peer-to-peer crap, because I get better quality stuff with much, much, MUCH less hassle on the usenet.

Give me something you're looking for (music, audio book, software program, anything) and I'll tell you what's available on the usenet right now. Easynews keeps about 30 days of posts.

- Warren
 
thanks for the replies. I was actually already trying the usenet, but my provider hasn't got much serverspace I am afraid. I'll consider getting an extra news-account, or try friends who have one that is better than mine.
Thanks for the Auckland-university link btw. I now have 4 very cool lectures to listen AND watch in my collection ^_^
So no-one has an ftp up and running with this cool stuff on it?
 
google rulez, that's for sure, but can you post some links then?
 
Hey, I know this thread was dead, but I really would like some help.

I'm trying to get all of the Feynman lectures on .mp3 too. Did you have any luck? I tried usenet but it wasn't there any more. Any help would be great!
 
Based on the postings here, you may have to wait for somebody to post it again at Easynews.
 
I typed in Feynman into my Shareaza program and came up with 100s of downloads. unfortunately they are all from people with dial up connections and I am on a dial up myself, so it will take me about 4 1/2 years to download them all, but I'll start now. I'll be suprised if I get any of them fully downloaded.
 
I feel sorry for you people who still attempt to use peer-to-peer filesharing.

- Warren