Which are the best ways to make some money online?

• Thread starter Grands
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary: I think).Ha, that's where the special feature comes in.What do you mean by "special feature"?Some people might find your tutoring services special because you are a native speaker of the language you are tutoring.
Grands
Hi guys.
Due to the fact that I will start university I will need some money.
I would like to try to earn some money by working online, because I can do the job from everywhere I am, and this can help me to study better.

Does anyone know which are the best ways to make some money online, and helping my parent to pay for the University ?

I tried by myself to do some surveys but it seems a waste of time.

Thanks for the help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sell my own stuff or buy and sell?

Likes ISamson
Dont do surveys they are a horrendous waste of time. I did them for a couple months and it ended up calculating to about $2 an hour

Likes Grands and StoneTemplePython
Grands said:
Sell my own stuff or buy and sell?
Actually I have a friend who buys "antiques" for cheap at garage sales etc and resells them online. He makes a decent profit.

Likes PhysicoRaj
DS2C said:
Dont do surveys they are a horrendous waste of time. I did them for a couple months and it ended up calculating to about $2 an hour
It's not so bad considering that I made 0,12 cent per hour.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Actually I have a friend who buys "antiques" for cheap at garage sales etc and resells them online. He makes a decent profit.
How this guy know the value of those antiques?
I have a lots of antique shop near me, but stuff is not cheap at all.

Grands said:
How this guy know the value of those antiques?
I have a lots of antique shop near me, but stuff is not cheap at all.
Experience and research. You get the deals from garage sales where people don't know the value of the items they have.

Likes 1oldman2
I get it, I saw also TV series about this kind of activity, but it seems to be something available only in the US, since here people doesn't sell so easy antiques, plus we I will have to pay taxes for that.

Grands said:
I would like to try to earn some money by working online, because I can do the job from everywhere I am, and this can help me to study better.
Do you have experience with some technical subject of product line where you could be hired as on-line (or phone) Technical Support?

Like, are you very familiar with Microsoft Office products, or Verizon cell phones, or any of the other things that people have to contact Technical Support about?

Likes Grands
I know how to use powerpoint, or Word or Excel, but no more than this.

I don't know if you can code, but there are sometimes offered posted for people to do small coding projects for them as well.

Get a scholarship at that uni.

DS2C said:
I don't know if you can code, but there are sometimes offered posted for people to do small coding projects for them as well.

I don't know how to code, can I learn it by myself ?

Grands said:
I don't know how to code, can I learn it by myself ?
Not well enough to compete with the many thousands of programmers who get on-line work on sites such as FreeLancer

Likes Grands and ISamson
So, there are others way to make some money?
I'm no talking about making a lots of money, just enough to help my parents.

Likes ISamson
Does it have to be online? Can you get a part-time job?

Likes Nidum and ISamson
I can, but I preferred to do online to have more time to study.
Someone else have other ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
I tried stuff like uowork, but I didn't had any offer.
Does anyone know a site to work as a translator?

Likes ISamson
Grands said:
I tried stuff like uowork, but I didn't had any offer.
Does anyone know a site to work as a translator?

Translating is a very good occupation to get some money as a student.

Another good idea is to do tutoring. Languages or something.
@Grands , what do you think?

Last edited:
It's a good idea but no one will hire me online I suppose.

What do you mean with tutoring?

Grands said:
There are a lots of people that do that, and they also have a degree in law, engineering, so no one will be interested in having me as a tutor
Ha, that's where the special feature comes in.
You could tutor some friends of yours or foreign teenagers like you and teach them your language and earn money (~40-45 Euros per hour).

ISamson said:
Ha, that's where the special feature comes in.
You could tutor some friends of yours or foreign teenagers like you and teach them your language and earn money (~40-45 Euros per hour).
40-50 euros per hours?!?
Neither an university professor earn that money per hours.
At least I can ask 5-6 euros per hour.

Grands said:
40-50 euros per hours?!?
Neither an university professor earn that money per hours.

Sorry, maybe I was just overestimating and translating Australian Dollar and Australian society straight to your country's language. Well, I don't know how much then.
Judging by your reply - maybe 25-30 Euros per hour. Not less.
Grands said:
Definitely not. Not enough. :wink:

Last edited:
It is impossible since in Italy the unemployment youth rate is the highest in the world, there are a lots of people with a degree that don't have a job, so they earn money in this way, but consider that they usually ask 17-14 euros per hours.

Likes ISamson
Grands said:
It is impossible since in Italy the unemployment youth rate is the highest in the world, there are a lots of people with a degree that don't have a job, so they earn money in this way, but consider that they usually ask 17-14 euros per hours.
Ok, sorry. I was uninformed about this.

It doesn't matter, no problem.
The real problem is that I need to find a way to help my parent on paying for the rent.

The real problem is that italian university is not very flexible so iw don't allow you to have a part-time job without affecting your marks, it's almost impossible to do both, we have a youth unemployment of 37% and a NEET percentage fo 20%, is not easy to find a job so I hoped I could find something online.

Grands said:
Grands said:
It doesn't matter, no problem.
The real problem is that I need to find a way to help my parent on paying for the rent.
Grands said:
The real problem is that italian university is not very flexible so iw don't allow you to have a part-time job without affecting your marks, it's almost impossible to do both, we have a youth unemployment of 37% and a NEET percentage fo 20%, is not easy to find a job so I hoped I could find something online.
Grands explained in this topic a major part of his frustrations, helping us to understand why he has been asking his questions and also reasking for clarifications.

Likes 1oldman2 and Grands
symbolipoint said:
Grands explained in this topic a major part of his frustrations, helping us to understand why he has been asking his questions and also reasking for clarifications.
Yes, since the youth unemployment is very high, you can understand how hard is to find a part-time job.

1. What are the most legitimate ways to make money online?

The most legitimate ways to make money online include freelancing, creating and selling digital products, affiliate marketing, and participating in online surveys or market research studies.

2. How much money can I realistically make online?

The amount of money you can make online varies greatly depending on your skills, time commitment, and the specific method you choose. Some people are able to make a full-time income, while others may only earn a few extra hundred dollars per month.

3. Is it safe to make money online?

As with any online activity, there are potential risks involved in making money online. It is important to research and thoroughly vet any opportunities before participating. Be cautious of scams and never give out personal or financial information to unknown sources.

4. Do I need any special skills or equipment to make money online?

Some methods of making money online may require specific skills or equipment, such as web development or graphic design. However, there are also many opportunities that only require a computer and internet connection, such as virtual assistant work or online tutoring.

5. How long does it take to start making money online?

The amount of time it takes to start making money online varies depending on the method you choose and your individual efforts. Some methods, such as freelancing, can provide immediate income, while others, like building a successful blog or online business, may take months or even years to generate significant income.