Which Forum Member Should I Name My Ghost Pepper After?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
38 replies · 7K views
Why don't you just name him a normal plant name like 'Wayne' or 'Jeff'?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
KingNothing said:
Why don't you just name him a normal plant name like 'Wayne' or 'Jeff'?
Those are good plant names, but rather common.

I think I'm leaning towards Monique. She has the green going in her avatar, and the plant looks like a Monique, lush, vibrant, tranquil, with killer seed pods. :-p
 
fuzzyfelt said:
I vote for rhody, too, although Jimmy is a nice name.

You beat me... and Jimmy... to this response! Good job!
 
I'd put my vote to ZapperZ. Sounds just right for a good pepper
 
I can't help but nominate myself!

FlexGunship... often way over the top, too much for the average person to handle, with a preposterously awesome name.

Oh yeah, and narcissistic... I heard ghost peppers were narcissistic.
 
FlexGunship said:
I can't help but nominate myself!

FlexGunship... often way over the top, too much for the average person to handle, with a preposterously awesome name.

Oh yeah, and narcissistic... I heard ghost peppers were narcissistic.
Nope, but they don't suffer fools easily. They demand respect, ignore their heat (for all but a select few used to it like Turbo) at your peril. :biggrin:

Side note: I sent Ghosts to Rhody child's boyfriend in the 82nd Airborne. He was thrown for a loop. I warned him. Nice guy too. He took their heat a bit too lightly.

Rhody...
 
rhody said:
Nope, but they don't suffer fools easily. They demand respect, ignore their heat (for all but a select few used to it like Turbo) at your peril. :biggrin:
I don't think that Astro would have much trouble with ghosts, either. Once you have a steady relationship with habaneros (cutting, handling, and eating them) other chilies are less likely to surprise you. I remember many years ago when my sister and a friend were cutting up jalapenos for me for a cookout, and they were complaining that their fingers were burning afterward. I should have just chopped the chilies and avoided the drama.

Anyway, the ghosts have such a nice sweet flavor that it's no wonder they are popular in India. I haven't experimented with them as much as I should have, since their numbers are dwindling. I'm thinking that they would be wonderful in a vegetable stir-fry served over basmati rice. Bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic, and maybe some carrots and cherry tomatoes all WOK-ed up in peanut oil with ghosts.
 
Last edited:
physics girl phd said:
You beat me... and Jimmy... to this response! Good job!

:) !
 
So, Evo, do you have a name ? Or, have you given up the Ghost ? (pun intended).

Rhody...