1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Which has a better AE program SDSU or UCSD.

1. Sep 9, 2007 #1
    I'm currently going to a community college in Moorpark, CA, and I plan on transfering to either SDSU or UCSD. I'm an average student with a 3.0 gpa. Also the cost of tuition is a major factor and any school that would take me with my gpa. Another factor is that I want to study abroad in germany because I'm a german minor, so I have to take that into account. But does anybody have an idea of which school has a better aerospace engineering program; San Diego State or UC San Diego? Are there any other schools in california that might meet my criteria that I should consider? Much thanks in advance
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 9, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Sep 9, 2007 #3
    UCSD probably does. I heard that UCSD has a very good engineering program. In general, UC's have more reputation than 'state' schools, such as SDSU
  5. Sep 9, 2007 #4
    The UCSD looks good but isn't it a little more expansive than a state school? Also, aren't the class sizes usually smaller for state schools. That is what I'm use to since I'll be coming from a JC.
  6. Sep 9, 2007 #5
    UCSD has a much better reputation if that's what you mean. Have you heard of the University of California system? If not, look it up. UCSD's faculty quality is top and I would say that the school's science and engineering rep is second to Berkeley's.
  7. Sep 9, 2007 #6
    yeah its probably more expensive. The class sizes are smaller for the lower-div classes. For upper-div engineering, the class size gets smaller. However, class size is not nearly as importnat as the reputation of the school's academics and faculty
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?