Does temperature affect the health benefits of tea?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Bararontok
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cold Health Hot
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Bararontok
Messages
296
Reaction score
0
Does temperature affect the health benefits provided by drinking tea?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
The thread originator is still waiting for a response for this question. Does the temperature of the tea affect the nutrients it contains? If so, what is the optimal temperature for the tea?
 
When I want to make an herb tea from fresh leaves, I tend to cold-brew it in a container in the fridge. In the winter, I use hot-brewing because the fresh leaves are unavailable.

I can't offer any opinions about health benefits, but I definitely prefer tea from fresh cold-brewed leaves. YMMV
 
Sorry, speculation and personal opinions are not appropriate.