Which hormone wakes you up: serotonin or noradrenaline?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Nuklear
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Nuklear
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
I want to know which hormone is responsible for waking you up. I think it's Seritonin cause it activates the brain and neurons. I thought it was produced in the Pineal Gland but that's Melatonin. Seritonin does a slight ly different role than Noeradrenaline that arouses us all of a sudden and gices an extra boost of energy right?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Well, as someone with a seratonin imbalance and no noticeable sleep difficulties, I'm sayin' keep lookin'.
 
Mk said:
I think it is more external stimuli, isn't it?

Sure that's a factor, but there is an section in the brain that tells you it's time to wake up.
 
Yes there's a chemical that causes us to stay awake.