Which Is Better for EE: University of Michigan or Georgia Tech?

  • Thread starter Thread starter johndoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ee Undergrad
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
johndoe
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Ok I have been accepted by university of michigan (ann arbor) as well as george tech(atlanta)
for EE. Any advise to choose one from the other is welcome. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Both are reputable institutions... so what do their financial aid packages look like? Do you qualify for residency in either state?

I personally think the weather is crappy at both places, though for different reasons (GT is too darn hot but U of M is clouded over for months in the winter). Atlanta is a bigger city, GT is in the middle of it all (I worked there during the summer of the olympics... so it was lots of fun!), but Ann Arbor is fairly nice too -- a bit smaller and therefore feeling more small townish... though certainly not without things to do.
 
physics girl phd said:
Both are reputable institutions... so what do their financial aid packages look like? Do you qualify for residency in either state?

I personally think the weather is crappy at both places, though for different reasons (GT is too darn hot but U of M is clouded over for months in the winter). Atlanta is a bigger city, GT is in the middle of it all (I worked there during the summer of the olympics... so it was lots of fun!), but Ann Arbor is fairly nice too -- a bit smaller and therefore feeling more small townish... though certainly not without things to do.

I am concerned out of state for both.
 
I heard that at GT, EE is the hardest thing that you can do. In fact, it was a post in pf. So you might want to choose GT.