Which university in Kentucky has the best physics departments?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aoi
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Aoi
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am wondering if anyone has any information about the physics departments at the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky.

I am asking because have to go to college instate, and these two are the largest. Unless someone has info on a gem in this state that I don't know about yet.

Thanks for any help.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey,

I'm from Kentucky, Lexington to be exact. I would much rather attend UK than UofL. UK is more nationally recognized than UofL is and it has a better reputation (and better sports legacy, GO CATS!) Lexington is lamer than Louisville, but UK is the best bet IMO.
 
I am currently a Physics undergraduate at the University of Kentucky and I'm originally from Louisville. The Physics department is better here at UK (from what I could tell by touring and what I've heard from others), though I assume the undergraduate programs are pretty similar. I think the largest difference is probably the college life. Louisville is a much larger city with more exciting things to do, however, the UofL campus is spread out over downtown and doesn't appear to give the same kind of "college community" that I think UK definitely has. Of course, these are just my opinions so you're welcome to take them or leave them. I suggest you check them both out first hand and then decide for yourself!