White spaces in Firefox for Android

• Thread starter Swamp Thing
  • Start date
In summary, when using Firefox for Android to visit forums, it is common to encounter tall white spaces between and within posts that can greatly increase scrolling height. This is often caused by embedded ads. It is suggested to use the PF app instead of the Firefox browser for a better experience.
Swamp Thing
Insights Author
I often visit these forums on Firefox for Android. It is quite common to find tall white spaces within posts and between posts, that you have to scroll through to reach the next block of text. This seems to happen most often when an ad is embedded with the post. The white spaces can increase the scrolling height by as much as ten times the actual page content.

Is this just me, or is it a known problem?

Physics news on Phys.org
Swamp Thing said:
I often visit these forums on Firefox for Android. It is quite common to find tall white spaces within posts and between posts, that you have to scroll through to reach the next block of text. This seems to happen most often when an ad is embedded with the post. The white spaces can increase the scrolling height by as much as ten times the actual page content.

Is this just me, or is it a known problem?
Are you using the PF app?

No, I am viewing in the Firefox browser for Android.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Swamp Thing said:
No, I am viewing in the Firefox browser for Android.
Perhaps you should try the PF app.

OK, thanks, I will.

1. What are "white spaces" in Firefox for Android?

White spaces in Firefox for Android refer to the blank areas or gaps in the browser's user interface. These spaces are intentionally left blank to improve readability and usability of the browser.

2. Why are there white spaces in Firefox for Android?

The white spaces in Firefox for Android are strategically placed to create a clean and uncluttered design, allowing users to focus on the content and tasks at hand. They also help to maintain a consistent and intuitive layout across different devices and screen sizes.

3. Can I remove the white spaces in Firefox for Android?

No, the white spaces in Firefox for Android are an integral part of the browser's design and cannot be removed. However, you can customize the browser's layout and appearance through its settings and add-ons to suit your preferences.

4. Do white spaces affect the performance of Firefox for Android?

No, white spaces do not have any impact on the performance of Firefox for Android. They are purely for aesthetic purposes and do not affect the browser's functionality or speed.

5. Are white spaces present in other browsers for Android?

Yes, most browsers for Android, including Google Chrome and Safari, also have white spaces in their user interface. These spaces are used to create a clean and organized layout, similar to Firefox for Android.