Who can solve these 2 questions ?

• Thread starter ehsanbs1
  • Start date
In summary, the first question asks for the velocity of a camera that is tossed away by an astronaut floating in space, while the second question involves finding the energy released in a popcorn kernel popping and breaking into two equal pieces. The first problem involves using the formula m1v1+m2v2=(m1+m2)vf and breaking down the force and work on the x and y components, while the second question requires finding the x and y components of each velocity vector.
ehsanbs1
who can solve these 2 questions ??

1. A 60kg astrounaut floating is space simutaneously tosses away a 14kg oxygen tank and a 5.8kg camera.the tank moves in the x direction at 1.6m/s,and the astraut recoils at 0.85m/s in a direction 200 degree counterclockwise from the x axis.find the velocity of the camera.(system of particles problem)

2. A 400 mg popcorn karnel is skittering across a nonstick frying pan at 8.2 cm/s when it pops and breaks into two equal mass pieces.if one piece ends up at rest how much energy was released in the popping?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I'm sure I could, but that wouldn't help you would it? It's also against the rules of the forum to help out with homework questions before you show some work. So, what have you done thus far?

well,the problem is that i have kinda no idaea where to start or what to do,i know that i have to break down the force and work for it on x component and y component and the formula i came up with is m1v1+m2v2=(m1+m2)vf,

ehsanbs1 said:
well,the problem is that i have kinda no idaea where to start or what to do,i know that i have to break down the force and work for it on x component and y component and the formula i came up with is m1v1+m2v2=(m1+m2)vf,
Then you DO know where to start! Find the x and y components of each velocity vector.

By the way, I'm going to move this to the physics homework area. I think it will get better response there.

1. How do you determine if someone can solve these 2 questions?

As a scientist, I would assess the individual's problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, and knowledge in the relevant subject areas to determine if they can solve the questions.

2. What qualifications or expertise is needed to solve these 2 questions?

The qualifications or expertise needed to solve the questions may vary depending on the specific questions. However, a strong background in science, mathematics, and analytical thinking is generally necessary to solve complex problems.

3. Is there a specific method or approach that can be used to solve these 2 questions?

There are many different methods and approaches that can be used to solve problems. As a scientist, I would utilize various scientific methods and critical thinking strategies to tackle the questions and arrive at a solution.

4. Can anyone solve these 2 questions or is it reserved for experts?

The difficulty level of the questions may determine who can solve them. Some questions may require specialized knowledge or expertise, while others may be solvable by anyone with basic problem-solving skills and knowledge in the relevant subject areas.

5. Is there a time limit or deadline for solving these 2 questions?

The time limit or deadline for solving the questions may vary depending on the context in which they are presented. However, as a scientist, I believe that taking the necessary time to carefully analyze and solve problems can lead to more accurate and reliable results.